Full Plumbing & Heating Breakdown Cover – Terms & Conditions
Domestic Gas Boilers, Thermostats, Timers, Radiators, Thermostatic Radiator, Valves, Standard Radiator Valves, Heating Pipe work, Hot & Cold Water Pipe work, Cold Water Supply Mains internal, internal gas supply pipework, indirect Standard & unvented Hot Water Cylinders, Cold Water Storage Tank & Central Heating F&E Tank, Overflow Pipes, Ball valves, Washing machine hoses, Heating System, Pressure Relief Valves, Annual Boiler Service and Safety Check, Landlord Safety/ Gas Safety Certificate. Hot and cold water pipes from the mains stopcock inside your Home leading to your taps and garden taps (but not including the mains stopcock and taps themselves).
Essex Heating & Solar – Full Breakdown Cover includes
- 24 hour, 365 days a year, priority call out service for gas or water leaks – emergencies only.
- 7 day a week, 365 days a year, 8am to 8pmrepair service on Central Heating & Hot
- Water breakdowns.
- Engineer’s advice on matters relating to your central heating system.
- Unlimited call-outs to work related to your Service Cover.
- Parts & Labour for your system breakdowns.
- An annual boiler service & safety check/Landlord Safety Record
Essex Heating & Solar – Full Breakdown Cover Exclusions
- Replacing boiler
- Resetting of heating time controls thermostats and boiler resets.
- Repairing faults or clearing blockages partially or fully blocked pipework due to Build up of iron oxide sludge.
- Removing sludge or hard water scale from the boiler or system.
- Failure due to the build up of scale.
- Venting or balancing of radiators, removal of airlocks, refilling of radiators and topping up of heating system after works have been carried out by you or other contractors.
- Any work relating to flues, flue liners or Chimneys internal or external of property.
- Cosmetic parts on boiler e.g. boiler casing.
- Warm Air Systems
- Pressure testing
- Re-energising air gaps
- Pipes buried in walls or “built-in” appliances. We do not include the cost of getting to your appliance where your system is inaccessible due to a design fault.
- Repairing or replacing combined overflow, radiators
- Repairing or replacing taps, tap washers or glands
- Repair or replacement of any soil vent or drainage pipework which is fitted externally.
- Repair or replacement to any soak-aways,cesspits, bio-tanks or holding tanks.
- Repair or replacing of Cold water mains supply pipework external of the property and external stopcocks.
- Repair or replacing of any lead or iron pipework internal or external of property.
- Water softeners, conditioners or water filters.
- Showers, shower mixers, shower pumps or shower heads.
- Electric Showers, macerators such as saniflo or pump out systems.
- Rainwater pipes or guttering.
- Swimming pools or swimming pool equipment.
- Jacuzzi, airbath or whirlpools.
- Any sanitary ware, pop up waste mechanism, kitchens sinks or waste disposal units.
- Lagging of pipework or cylinders.
- Primatic Cylinders, Direct Cylinders, Heatstore cylinders e.g. Gledhill Units.
- Indirect cylinders over 170 litres.
- Iron storage tanks
- Replacement of air cushions in unvented hot water cylinders.
- Decorative garden features
- Booster pumps.
- External pipe work
- Consumables e.g. flushing chemicals, inhibitor and leak sealer
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – General Conditions
- The annual boiler service & safety check must be carried out between April and September. This enables us to provide a quicker response time during the winter months.
- We constantly monitor spare parts and keep the top 6000 parts in stock at all times. We have access to a next day delivery on over 25,000 spare parts from a National Supplier. However, it may be necessary to supply and fit an alternative or suitable reconditioned part from manufacturer.
- The work will normally be carried out by one of our engineers who are specially trained and hold the relevant qualifications. However, it may be necessary to use a suitably authorized contractor to carry out the work on our behalf.
- Landlord Safety Certificates includes for one gas appliance only. Additional appliances will be charged at a discount price.
- Any work carried out outside the policy, payment will be required upfront.
Essex Heating & Solar Ltd – General Service Cover Exclusions
- Design or existing faults
- We will not include the cost of repairs needed because of design faults (unless we are responsible), or faults which existed before you entered into your agreement. For example, pipes buried under concrete floors that have been installed incorrectly or without wrapping or movement protection.
- Accidental damage/ Third-party damage/damage from intentional risk taking
- The cost of repairs relating to damage caused by you is excluded from all agreements. Where work is undertaken on your system by a third party, whether or not following our advice, which results in damage to that or another part of your system, the repair of any such damage will be excluded from your agreement. All other loss and damage
- Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss caused by the appliance, boiler or system to which this agreement relates breaking down or being accidentally damaged by you or leaking (for example, damage to furniture caused by water leaks).
- We will not be responsible for consequential damage or damage due to failure of water, gas or electricity supply or the cost of repairing faults or damage caused by subsidence, structural repair accidents, Fire, Lightening, Floods, storms, Explosion, Acts of Terrorism, riots, Negligence, Misuse and Vandalism.
- Costs arising from difficulties in getting to the equipment contained in the fabric of the building, lifting of laminated, wood or specialist floorings, re-stretching or carpets.
- Risks normally insured under household or
- We will not include the repairing of faults or damage or replacement of appliances/ systems caused by freezing weather conditions, subsidence, structural repairs, accident, fire, lightning, explosion, flood or storm. You should check your household insurance to make sure you have enough cover for these risks.
- If access has to be made to your appliance, boiler or system we will fill in any holes and leave the surface level but we will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent. carried out to improve your appliance/system. Examples of upgrades include replacing working radiators with improved models (these are examples only, not a complete list).
- Improvements including work that is needed to bring your appliance/system up to current standards/legislative requirements or a change in Energy Efficiency and/or building regulations / Government Legislation. Examples of these improvements include replacing parts such as flues or vents that do not meet current standards (these are examples only, not a complete list). You may need to have improvements carried out before we are able to complete other repairs to your appliance/ system.
- Upgrades which you may want to have agreements. Where work is undertaken on your system by a third party, whether or not following our advice, which results in damage to that or another part of your system, the repair of any such damage will be excluded from your agreement. All other loss and damage
- Replacing or repairing parts that do not affect how the appliance/ system works or decorative or specialist parts.
- The removal of any asbestos relating to the heating system or appliance or plumbing.
- Costs arising from not following manufacturer’s instructions.